Thread: 135i vs M235i
View Single Post
      03-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
tmpendergrass
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i

135i vs M235i

I have been looking for quite some time to find a good 135i to replace my 323i. I'd like to get an N54, sport package, manual, black or red interior 135i (I know, I'm picky). Lately after seeing all the hype about the 235i I'm starting to fall in love with it. However I have a few concerns about the 235i.

1. I never thought I would be looking at buying a new car. Whatever I buy, I plan to keep it for a very very long time so if I feel like the M235i is the right car, then I can justify the costs. I'm not that concerned with depreciation since I hope to keep it for a long time(hopefully over 20 years)

2. Since this is my "dream car" that I will be driving for a long time, putting lots of money into mods etc, I'm concerned that an M2 will come out and I will regret not saving my money and getting an M2.

3. With the new 2 series coming out, I assume e82 prices will go down which make the 135i for appealing and saves more cash for mods.

What do you guys think? Would especially like to here thoughts from guys who have driven both. Would it be ok to visit a dealer for a test drive even if I'm not sure if I even want to buy the 235i?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0