04-26-2016, 08:20 PM   #50
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony235 View Post
I came from a 370z NISMO before picking up my 8A 235 a few months ago. 235 currently has jb4, intake, downpipe.

Intercooler and chargepipe installed next week

The only thing I think the 370z has over the 235 is steering and brake feel. Other than that the Z doesn't really beat the 235 anywhere other than maybe aftermarket wheel/suspension options. Since you have a 350z the difference will be even larger compared to my 370z.

If you want any specifics comparisons on anything let me know. I tracked my Z a few times too (only owned it a year). Z was daily driver, but setup for track duty (coilovers, oil cooler, radiator, SPL suspension arms, secondary fuel pump, RS3 285 square, etc).

Here is a list of previous cars I've owned for reference if you want any other comparisons. I tracked many of these too.

370z nismo
EvoX GSR
s2000
g37 sedan
RX8
Audi TT
SRT4
2gen turbo eclipse
Nissan Xterra
The Evo X was magic on the track. I went to a Vette event, a bunch of them were chuckling/giggling at the paddock. Me and my buddy witnessed it as we were walking back from his trailer.

As the sessions went on and I was getting pointby after pointby (mostly C6s, a couple Camaros, even a Boss 302 Mustang). The mentality changed.

This was in the intermediate (I drove) AND Advanced run groups (my buddy, also my instructor, drove).

It didn't hurt that I was running race pads, race fluid and a full bolt-on Evo. Street tires nonetheless.

Edit: also flipped front strut bolts to dial-in extra camber. Had an alignment done before events. HUGE help.
Appreciate 0