View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 07:02 AM   #29
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc for hire View Post
The dealer was indeed no help. I did replicate the issue and showed to them and they insisted it was normal and the car was trying to protect itself from money-shift and other funny excuses.

Another way to accommodate for the problem was simply to shift the lever to 2nd gear while the RPM is low from the high gear, then perform the rev-match and let off the clutch.
You may want to complete your heel and toes with a DOUBLE CLUTCH while in neutral for the exchange from 3rd to 2nd this will slow down the gearbox to allow the gear to slip in easier.
When you heel an toe just try to add between 1000 or 1200 rpm for the anticipated requirement for rpm in the lower gear.
The DOUBLE CLUTCH is simply letting out the clutch pedal completely then depressing it again as your in neutral going frm 3rd to 2nd.
Even after 6k miles on my car I tend to add too much gas on my heal and toe when driving in anger though for my daily driving I heel and toe pretty good don't even realize I'm doing it. The M235 in sport mode the revs really fly with the gas, more so then the base Cayman I test drove as I recall.

Last edited by overcoil; 04-20-2015 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0