View Single Post
      06-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #42
FunRevn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

If it's anything like the e92 M3 that I had adaptive suspension means that if you set it in comfort it will be more comfortable but will adapt to a firmer setting if it senses that's how you're driving. When in sport mode the comfort threshold is lifted higher or less comfortable to start and progressively will get firmer or more direct as it senses your driving style.

On the M235, Sport mode can be set in idrive to either be drivetrain or chassis or both as previously mentioned. Drivetrain I was told refers to throttle and I believe transmission (I don't know why you would need to then lean the shifter to the left for even more aggressive shifting?). Chassis refers to suspension and steering.

When in Sport+ I believe you don't have any real comfort or at best very minimal and it's more or less firm suspension not really adaptive any longer. Steering if any different from sport mode would be heaviest and maximum sensitivity for throttle and traction control is off you still have DSC (skid control) but now you can do a burn out (same as pushing DTC/DSC button once quickly).

If you want all the nannies off you have to press the DTC/DSC button for four seconds until you see the icon on your dash with the squiggly lines behind the car and that will put you in sport mode with DTC and DSC turned off or the ability to spin the car. You'll have reasonably good throttle but not as hypersensitive as in sport + and steering should be medium and adaptive suspension is on monitoring your driving style and will adjust the firmness accordingly.

This is what I experienced when testing the car for over an hour and a half.
2007 X3 MSport - retired
1995 M3 - retired

Last edited by FunRevn; 06-29-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0