11-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #35
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBasketball View Post
So you wouldn't have a problem spending $30k+ for a BMW for it to have cheap, generic gray mirrors that don't even match the color of the car? This is just one example of BMW cutting-corners for the bean counters in accounting, by cheapening down the quality/image of the brand.

It's the details that matter and make up the whole package. And in this case, it's an eyesore. Really, how much $$$ can BMW save on slapping these generic mirror covers on their cars instead of painting them to match the car as they have done for generations? And is that little bit of savings worth the hit to brand perception? I guess in a reality of record profits, "little details" are thrown out the window.

It's people like you that readily accept inferior quality, that BMW banks on.
BMW failed by putting those squared out mirrors in the first place, not just the gray mirror covers. they arent sporty at all. reminds me of the mercedes mirrors.

and as for me ill take the gray mirrors even though it is ugly and change them to carbon fiber or paint them black, no big deal to me. but i see your point to someone who isnt into changing things i could see why it could be an eye sore. i was just busting your balls