10-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #192
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
LEDs flicker because the car is checking the bulbs, as far as I know they all do it. The original incandescent bulbs don't react fast enough to show the flicker. So don't drink the coolaid that some LEDs don't show the car testing the lights, the test needs to be coded out.

I'm the one that started the DIY LED install thread. My inexpensive LEDs from Amazon (Sirius) are going strong and bright after 2 months. Yesterday I coded my car with some cool modifications. I was able to code out the bulb check so now my LEDs do not show the periodic flicker from the test. I have never experienced an error code or hyperflash with my bulbs.

As has been reported, deauto LEDs have failed, any LED light can fail so if one buyer had an issue with one of the Amazon purchased bulbs, I'm not surprised. The point is they are only $23. per pair work great and have a 1 year warranty.
Hear, hear, AlpsRider .

People, please do your research. As I've stated earlier in this thread and others, the ONLY way to keep LED bulbs from flashing in our cars is to code the self-test out.

Don't believe da hype -- particularly with auto lighting. There is a TON of it in the automotive lighting world, and has been for many years -- well before LEDs came along. Kool-Aid starts to taste nasty when it's proven to be bad for you. ;P
Appreciate 0