View Single Post
      05-29-2015, 10:08 AM   #68
opfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
It should be the other way around I'd say. Springs tuned for a heavier car will be too stiff in a lighter one; this can be somewhat fixed with proper dumping but will never be perfect.

I personally have no complaints about my M235i ride and handling; if anything it would be:

- coming from the F10, the shorter axes basis of the M235i makes it a little bouncy (but as someone has already said, there must be a trade-off coming from a luxurious sedan to a small sporty coupe)

- driving my M235i 9/10 in a curve, I find the non-linearity of the throttle the main obstacle to steering the car with my feet (EDIT: this is not a problem when I'm all ready for spirited driving, and have prepared the car for it by setting everything - chassis and drivetrain - to Sport - or better still - Sport+ mode)

Anyway -as with most other RWDs - if you don't have guts (or skill, or both) to attack a curve with WOT (only modulated later, when already drifting), you better learn or... stop trying, because any hesitation (leading to lift-off) with the throttle when the speed is already high and the curve tight enough will make the car understeer, and you may end up in the ditch... Also, it's much easier to initiate a controlled drift with LSD.

Are some modes more linear in throttle application then others?
Appreciate 0