View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
MasterFloody
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

I have an auto AWD. For background, this is the first auto I've owned in about 18 years. To be honest, I am satisfied with the ZF trans. I actually drive around 99% of the time in manual mode. The shift times are impressive. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the clutch, however, there is NO WAY I could out shift the auto.

Got the car in December. Really starting to get used to it, pushing it to the limits slowly.
Very impressed with how it handles, and really loving how fast the torque hits. The AWD really grabs the corners and keeps you stable. I have the Pirelli runflats and can only imagine how much better it can get with decent rubber.

AWD with the ZF should be quicker than the rest, especially using the launch control feature, but in reality, it's really up to you as the driver.
If you get the AWD, you can purchase the Xdelete app, thus making it a RWD when ever you want. I will note that without doing that, the power distribution in the AWD is enough in the rear where you can in fact get a little sideways. If you hold the traction control button down for 5-6 seconds, it will revert to comfort settings, but will disable the assists, which is what will help you slide. If you do it in any other mode, she will automatically correct you and you will stop the slide and move forward.

I will note that if you get the RWD, get the LSD. It will make a world of difference.
If you get the AWD, I would stilll recommend the LSD, especially if you use the Xdelete.
I got mine used with super low miles with a great price with ALMOST all the bells and whistles, but I wish I knew what I know now. I would have actively looked for one with the LSD.

Sorry if I was rambling there. Waiting on the coffee to kick in.
KennyFSU1104.00
cooolone2637.00