Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmax500 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
JB4 seems like its doing its job, the car has more in it, but the limiter is causing the error. Don't go above 135 and you wont have the problem, or go get flash tuned. That are your options.

This is also same reason I got a flash tune, hitting 135 on front straight with the Dinan s3, ripped it out the next day.
I did some more research on the N54tech forums and it looks like yes the JB4 is definitely to blame for these errors. Something about the DME doesn't like having full boost when hitting top speed and the throttle body closing.

IMO this seems like a huge oversight on BMS' part and they should definitely fix this. It's a little silly they cannot make an option to reduce boost as you approach a certain speed. Staying under 135 isn't difficult but its a PITA if you forget and have to waste precious track time to pit out and cycle the ignition.

Anyways, thanks for the responses. Once this thing is out of warranty I am definitely getting a flash tune but until then I'll probably just remove the JB4 next time I'm on the track.
I've hit top speed multiple times with jb4 map2 and never had anything happening. Are you hanging at that speed for a extended amount of time? What map are you running?
Appreciate 0