06-26-2016, 05:52 PM   #21
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
JB Stage 1 always felt jumpy to me.. and now especially since I've gotten the JB4, I wonder why I haven't done so earlier. JB4 makes the car feel so much like stock that you wouldn't even know it has a tune until you romp it.

I had an issue with my car or the Stage 1, but if I were WOT in 2nd and shift to 3rd and go right back to WOT.. the car wouldn't give boost back. The car would essentially fall on it's face. What I ended up having to do was: WOT in 2nd, shift to 3rd, and steadily increase throttle for boost to build.

The Stage 1 kit just adds boost no matter what, so even on normal acceleration, if you hit the pedal too hard... you're jumping around. The JB4 fixed all of that and I can't be more happy. Definitely recommend JB4, even if you'll only keep it on map 1.
I got the JB1 because I have no other bolt-ons on my car. The other maps on the JB4 require mods (so I've been told & read on the forums.) And according to what I've read about & been told about JB1 & map 1 on the JB4 - they're the same. I read on a couple of posts that even BMS themselves says so.

You're not the first time I've read that jumpy thing. But I think it feels stock unless I romp on it, though. One of the things I love about it. I was concerned the JB1 was going to screw up the feel of the engine but after talking with Mike at XPH, I got a comfort level & turns out he was right. I haven't experienced that not giving boost back issue - I am gonna play around & see if I can experience it. I am not sure what that would feel like, but guess I will if/when I experience it. I'll report back if I encounter it & contact BMS.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies

Last edited by MASHCT; 06-26-2016 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0