View Single Post
      06-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Got the dyno done

I do not want to post the graphs yet because they show some weird results & I've asked the speed shop (Excelerate Performance in Branford CT) what they mean.

They guy wrote in his report:

"+30 wheel horsepower max which flattened out to +22 in the higher RPMs. +30 wheel torque which remains steady almost through to redline. These are impressive numbers."

The dyno was done at around 4:00, 81 degrees outside. Hood closed, 2 fans pointed directly at the kidney grilles. 2 runs were done with the JB1 on first. This is because it was already on the car & had been for about a week & was their recommendation. Then it was removed & the last run was done.

And lemme tell ya - WOT, that M Performance exhaust is LOUDER 'n SPIT! Sounds NASTY!

The dyno operator said when he removed the JB1, the change to the power was very noticeable. This was his first experience with a BMS product & his comment was "I'm impressed" and "they obviously know what they're doing. And remember, this is a Mustang dyno."

Now about the graph...

What the graph showed for max readouts for wheel horsepower for all 3 runs is max horsepower of 295 - this includes the run without the JB1. So either something is wrong with the printout & the runs the guy selected to populate the various inputs of the diagram or he input them incorrectly. I don't know how the graph is populated.

I'll wait for Excelerate to tell me what's up with the graph & what they have to do to update it. If they send me a new one, I will post it.

Also, so you know what had to be done - there are these plastic protectors that go around the control arms in the rear. These guys removed them because the did not want to damage them with the tie-down straps. That added some time & cost to my dyno run. Just an FYI in case you're thinking of putting your car up on a dyno.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0