Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I never said the 228 was a better car. I have a 235 and am happy I do. The only point I was trying to make (unsuccessfully apparently) was for some people it's overkill and a waste of money.

However, that said, if the roads by you are garbage and you're not planning to take advantage of the full capabilities of the 235, the 228 with the standard suspension (not as firm) and 17" wheels with Conti dws06 tires may in fact be more enjoyable to drive around town. Faster? No. More enjoyable depending on what you're looking to accomplish? Sure depending on what you want.

To the guy who asked about bullshit arguments - this forum is actually pretty good as long as you stay out of the threads on lease vs buy arguments.
You did say the 228 was a better car on certain roads than a 235.

Also you just said the 235 could be a waste of money for some people. That was my original point and then peoples ego got hurt thinking I was insulting them because they can't afford a 235 (or choose not to afford it).

The vast majority of people won't take a 228 to its limit either. So that's not an entirely valid point. The 235 in comfort mode and D is just as comfortable to drive as a 228. The tires would be the only thing that might make the 235 less "enjoyable" (aka quiet) to drive, but the difference is minuscule. For those that will end up with aftermarket wheels and tires (I know not everyone) it's not even a factor.

Last edited by Anthony235; 06-02-2016 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0