04-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #8
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfordbay View Post
My M235i order is at the dock in Germany for shipping but I just realized my dealer ordered run flats on it. I looked over the order sheet when I ok'd it but didn't catch it then, so it was my bad that I didn't see it. What should I do?

It may be a bit more complicated too. I'm doing the PCD in Spartanburg, so I will not be picking up the car at the dealership and will have a few hundred miles on the tires by the time I get back to the dealership.
If you're doing PCD then you'll probably be able to do your own back to back comparison as I'm sure they'll have a PSS equipped M235 for you for your "on track" fun. Then you'll drive yours away and although you'll be on the road and a little slower, you'll experience the difference. There are tons of threads, particularly on the 3er forums where owners replaced their run flats with real tires so research those for best results.

You've got a good case to have your dealer replace the run flats for PSS's so I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Not your problem that there'll be mileage on them either. Check with your dealer tech to see if the speed limiter default might just be a programming issue that BMW can deal with via a flash upgrade. It's certainly not a physical or mechanical fix if they try to claim that.

Good luck and kudos on the new car.