View Single Post
      02-15-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
AlexGT
Captain
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 MSport

RaceChip Ultimate discussion thread

Fellow M235i owners, I'm taking the liberty to start this thread that could include all RaceChip Ultimate tuning piggy back related information, installation, results, problems, questions, etc..

I'm starting this first post by sharing with you that I've just unboxed my unit and that I'm currently in the process of installing it. I was reading the instructions and did a research in RaceChip's youtube channel to be sure how to install it due to the fact thar this is the first time that I'm installing this type of item to one of my cars.

Call me ignorant ('cause I am on this) but I've just bumped to my first doubt, the installation instructions talk about ONE connector, the MAP, and that's it, but my cabling has TWO connectors (see the attached pic I took), so for you that have installed JB4 and other piggy backs to our cars, any pointers? How do I know which one goes where?

Thanks, so I can finish the installation today and make some tests!

EDITED (after installation with RaceChip's factory settings):
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
My FIRST impressions:

1.- Acceleration definitely feels better

2.- I have 8speed auto, hard acceleration in manual mode is scarily aggressive!

3.- I think this box frees the gearbox because in manual mode if I don't shift, the car no longer autoshifts when reaching above the red line. I will need to be careful from now on when in manual.

4.- I have been using ScanGauge II since December, in full acceleration, the higher number I've got in the HP gauge was 332hp (of course, crank HP), tonight I got 390HP in my best run (RaceChip website claims increase to 379HP). Sadly no GoPro to record a video but I have a picture (just one decent with one hand on the iphone) while I was doing these runs and you can see that the number at that moment was 369HP and I wasn't finished reaching to the max rpms

Thanks chaddy74 and Delnari for helping me out to find out where the two connectors had to be placed!

Installation was plug and play, no CEL / ECU errors at all. I think I found a nice location for the box too

I will try to keep the updates going, hope to go to the dyno soon to see about WHP rather than just crank HP.
Delnari's contribution about RaceChip compared with JB4:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
Yes, the JB4 will give more tuning options and allow for custom tuning as you swap out factory parts for higher performance ones. What the Racechip, BMS Stage 1, and aFe Scorcher offer is a quick connect/disconnect using just 2 sensors. Make those who worry about dealer warranty the ability to remove quickly when they take their cars in for factory service. These piggyback systems are more plug-n-play and forget with nice performance gains.
Attached Images

Last edited by AlexGT; 02-17-2015 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Added updates
Appreciate 2