View Single Post
      10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #489
Magnoodles
Registered
Rep
Drives: nice

Quick Photoshop with some HRE P41s.

One of the things I DON'T like about the new 235, is the poopy wheels it comes with. (Never liked them on the F20 either.) I've always thought of a multiple split spoke wheel--the type 22, type 39, type 220, etc.--to be "classic M3". (And lots of people have been mentioning that the car is KIND of a spiritual successor to earlier M3s...) So when I pick this car up, these are going to be the wheels going on. Make things a bit more classy & sophisticated, and kind of a tribute to the E36, E46, & E90.

Also adjusted the tint a bit, to get something more like Imola red, rather than the less flattering (in my opinion) Melbourne. Was really disappointed with the lame color palette they gave this car. BMWs dealer lots are already BORING AS HELL. Just a sea of monotone... Blacks, whites, silvers, greys. I wish they had the balls to do something exciting for the 235... Something that would aesthetically echo the idea that this car is actually FUN!!! (BMW really HAS to stop trying to be like Audi and MB, already!)

Where's Dakar yellow? Imola red? Santorini blue? ("Heritage" aside, I think it's a better color than Laguna Seca.) Java green? Even though it's going to be one of BMWs cheapest offerings, the 235 could have been a real showroom traffic-generating, budget halo car! Tell me a Fire orange 235 wouldn't bring people in like gangbusters, to see what's up? Ah well...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0