View Single Post
      08-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #107
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

To the OP:

Well first off, welcome to Bimmerpost! I'm a relative new-comer myself, having purchased my first-ever BMW just last May.

As to the M235i's position in the market, I think you made valid points. It's been hammered to death on multiple BMW forums that the M235i is not a full blown M car. I think it is very obvious that BMW aimed the car midway between the more ordinary, good-performing sedans and the all-out, bone-jarring (and more expensive) M-cars. BMW hit the mark as far as I'm concerned. So after almost 4 months of blissful ownership, I don't feel much compelled to defend the M235i position in the lineup. I think it is right where it belongs - not an everyday sedan and not a full M car. It's a good, solid, happy medium that you can comfortably drive all day and still get a good boot in the pants when you want it.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0