View Single Post
      08-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #26
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

I would add that the "M" division started making sportier cars than the "standard" models and that speed was only part of that equation- an important part- but BALANCE and HANDLING were just as dynamically important. And this is where the line blurs a little bit.
The straight line speed between M240 and M2 is for all practical intent- the same. But the M2 has the suspension bits the way a proper M car should be, and of course the LSD that what 5% of us will ever need? And that's where the "gray area" comes in - the handling of the M240 will not be what the M2 is- but it wont be terribly out of "step". And for a daily driver- maybe better and bit more compliant. That said you can throw in $ 4000 to the M240's suspension/add 19" x 9"wide wheels and it will be as fast, quieter, handle as well and still be slightly less than the M. Without the aggressive M2 looks- that I am not a huge fan of, but that is totally subjective. Hence the "ZHP" Almost an M but a bit more civilized for DD work. And perfect for carving up the beautiful back roads of the Texas Hill country! WITH my sunroof open that doesn't come with the M2 (again matters to me but not to some) And if you want DELETE the Sunroof on the M240 if you want to be even closer to the M2- save what 75 lb? And move your center of gravity even a bit lower than stock. THANK YOU for the choices BMW!
Appreciate 0