05-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #98
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Yep. Lots of second-gen financial/real estate/mineral and first-gen investment/dotcom money here. And you're absolutely right; people wear money on their sleeves and in their attitudes here, more so than anyplace I've ever been except Miami. And ohhhh dear GAWD the trust fund babies!!!

I live and work downtown (though I tend to avoid Uptown at all costs because the douchbaggery there is so all-enveloping it feels like extra humidity, LOL) so we'll be close ...

... but I think it's time we get a DFW 2 Series meetup organized. Despite the Arlington poster's comment, they're a number of us around!
I also work downtown. I was "scared" out of moving there by the realtor. Do you recommend any townhouses for purchase downtown?

Cool. Coming from the East Coast and having worked out of LA for long stints, the whole money on the sleeve and attitude is what repels ME from making friends. I have a handful of people I hang out with but they're all transplants. You sound like a down-to-earth dude though. It's rare in Uptown. Douchebaggery is rampant. A lot of overgrown fratboys with drinking issues. I got no problems with fraternities, but that was college. These are like late 20s to late 30s dudes acting like its rush week...all while fronting like they're millionaires. Too funny.
Appreciate 0