View Single Post
      02-17-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Thank you for all the help guys. I don't think she will mind the suspension setup, especially because she complained that my car was pretty rough on 18" wheels BEFORE I modified the suspension, but my biggest fear was the seats. It looks like they still aren't the greatest.

I agree with you all that everyone has to drive themselves in order to figure out what they like best. I'm going to try and convince my sister to at least sit in a non-sport seat in the showroom if she doesn't feel like taking a car out for another drive. She's gotta stop being lazy!

But thank you all I really appreciate all of the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverseven View Post
In my case, I bought a 228xi without the sport package after test driving a 228 with sport and a 335 without one.

driverseven, your post helped the most because you actually GOT the non-sport seats. I've been on these forums for years and I know the general sentiment here is sportiness over comfort, luxury, etc. I kinda figured most people would have one of the various sport packs on their cars (when I got mine... there was only one sport pack, and not even the "M sport"!).

She doesn't want to spend a lot either. She has no use for anthracite headliners, bigger wheels, etc. Actually the smaller wheels are better because of the bigger tires. Our area has a shit ton of potholes and she had to shell out cash for 2 cracked rims last winter, and she's not a careless driver by any means. So, with no use for anything except the seats, it pretty much come down to would she spend 2 grand for side bolsters?

The fact that you (driverseven) find the regular seats comfortable enough for that long of a drive makes me feel better in case she still insists on getting this exact car.

Also, thanks for the link TBro2002. I'll forward that to her.

And once again, thanks for the help everyone!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0