View Single Post
      02-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #6
driverseven
Curve junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228 Black

I'd agree that you can't make this decision based on what other people tell you.

In my case, I bought a 228xi without the sport package after test driving a 228 with sport and a 335 without one.

My last car, an '06 328xi had the sport package but my biggest impression when doing the test drive this time is how much lighter the 228 felt compared to the '06.

When I set out to buy this car, I didn't want to spend a lot and so I went ahead and bought the non-sport package. I would have had to search for another dealer if I wanted to test drive it first. So that helped convince me to save the money.

I'm happy with the car -- I probably would have liked the sport package more. The seat is not great but it is perfectly comfortable. I just drove 580 miles round trip over a weekend and I really can't say that I was ever uncomfortable or that I wished the car handled differently. And I still have the extra $ in my bank.

I should point out that where I live, I drive on roads that are fantastic for enjoying a BMW with plenty of hills and curves. My car handles them all great.