Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
After driving the M235, M4, and having owned every M3 - a 228 manual with track handling package and the BMS tune is the real drivers car and what I would take to the track, even if money was not a factor.
A perfect post from someone with experience behind the wheel of various bmw's and M cars! The M sport 228i with a manual option and track pack is what Id rock! The M235i felt good when i drove it but it felt like it could lose some fat. The 228i just feels good, it felt really agile and fun. I asked my wife if she wanted to order the m235....she chose the 228 Msport (still awaiting deli very).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Oh boy, here we go.

First off, you can pick up an M3/4 for the mid-to-high 60s if you keep it easy on the options.

Secondly, sorry, the reason why the M3 is so popular is because there isn't anything that can touch it in the price range. Sure, there are better "sports cars" in that price range but they all lack the daily usability of the M3. The M3 is still the car that can do it all during the week and still handle the track on the weekend.

But I do see the ///Marketing is working quite well.
I couldn't agree more. For the money the F80 M3 is the BEST looking car out there and one hella fast machine. These rear fenders that arch out is just pure ! Momday-Friday pick up your kids from school, have good fun. Saturday wake up drink my coffee hit the track, rip up some tarmac and go back home feeling like a pro .

I don't understand how many folks are down on or bash the F80/82 for its size when it lost so much weight, and all I read on the expert reviews how this is the 1st stock M car that survives hot lap after hot lap, and even the steel brakes take the beating unlike the E9x (that melt). Clearly this car was engineered with performance and it DELIVERS that which most cars can't at a base MSRP of $62,000! What the fuck more do people want?

And if you play your cards right find the right dealer you can talk your way into getting 5-6% off MSRP, add Euro deliver at -7% you can get this car with a few light options in the mid 50's!

Please, please someone show me another car more capable with everyday duties that looks better, weighs less then 3500lbs at the similar or same price point.

Sure I love a Porsche as much as the next guy. My dream car is a 911. But it can't do everything I need...my heart tells me go for it, buy all pure logic and soul tells me the the letter M is what I need...I'll leave it at that. I just wish more people would appreciate how well the F80 was thought out and engineered. Maybe im reading between the lines to much or somethinng....

Last edited by Jadar; 08-24-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0