12-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
bimmer4life24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
I am. It will depend on what BMW is able to do with the steering. Manual transmission semi-practical coupes seem to be in short supply these days. In fact, I think the rear of the two is ugly enough to move me closer to the R. AWD with the ability to direct 100% of the power to the rear wheels seems like an awesome combo.
I am for sure. I have been since I first heard about it. Just can't wait till it's here. The 228i just doesn't compare IMO, especially with adding all the MSport options; taking the car to around $40k, which is what the Golf R will be around. However, the Golf R's performance is going to surpass the 228i. It's putting up M235i numbers along with a better transmission (DCT) than both 2 series cars (ZF 8). If the M235i came with a DCT, I would more than likely lean more to it.

For those complaining about the Golf R's current AWD system, this upcoming Golf R is not going to use the same. It's definitely getting upgraded. Here is the best info I've found about it:
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswa...d-information/
OP if you haven't already, you should check out this article.

It's Golf R or M2 for me. Obviously M2 would be my choice and the better option, but we have to wait and see what price tag BMW puts on it. Hoping I would be able to get one for no more than $50k out the door (not talking MSRP).
Appreciate 0