Thread: M2 Pricing
View Single Post
      10-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #112
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Funny all this talk about C7 vs. M2 is going on right now.

Well, it just so happens that I was dead set on the C7 for about a year. Until I realized that M coupes are so gosh darn practical.

I plan on using the back seats. That's one of the reasons why I'm leaning far more to the M2, in addition to it's more reserved appearance. Sure, the back seats may not be the largest, or most comfortable, but when you need them, you can use them.

No one can say that "people don't cross shop the C7 with M's" because that's ridiculous. You're reading a comment by a person who did/is doing exactly that.

I am choosing the M2 because I do not need blistering performance. What I want is a high performance car that is humble, yet striking, and can move my friends around when I need it to.

I cross shopped the C7 with the M2 and I am (most likely) choosing the M2.

I am not the only one to do this, and I'm sure many people cross shopped the C7 and M4 and chose the C7. Or chose the M4. Point is, the cars get cross shopped. When I test drove the C7 the sales rep said people were cross shopping them, and what it came down to is the customer debating whether they want a blistering fast 2 seater that looks like a rocket ship, or if the want a [more professional, less flashy yet classy] (those are my own descriptions) multi purpose car.

Just because the cars are in different performance categories does not mean they aren't cross shopped - some people don't know exactly what they want until it comes the time to actually dish out the cash.
Appreciate 0