View Single Post
      09-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
CONTROL ONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
To the OP, Gorgeous! Not a fan of red on blue (superman), but I have a blue on the way. I can't wait to get the alcantara/CF kit in it.

Not to steal a thread, but what good are these things? Do they record all the time or only after an accident, or what?
Thank you. I was a bit hesitant at first when ordering (I'm not in my 20s anymore) until I saw it in person. With the tint, it really creates two different environments from the outside to the inside as well.

As for the dashcam? Are you kidding me? I've been an insurance agent for 9 years now and I've seen some really good people get screwed over really badly so it's a small investment that could cost you 1000s later on.

It runs when the car is running. Automatically shuts off around 10 mins after I get out of the car. It has different settings based on regular recording/event recording when it thinks something has happened. Full 1080p, full sound, GPS, etc. I love it.

Here's a video that caught a truck misjudging the height of his rig going underneath a bridge that actually made it onto Jalopnik.

That was on my S4. Here's a quick video of me making it home in time just before a hail storm a few days after picking up the 2er.

Last edited by CONTROL ONE; 09-06-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0