Rep
Drives: GT4 and M2 in progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxa121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
BMW please do not sell out and hope this trend reverses in near future! An M car means something to car lovers of all ages globally and why many of us stay glued for updates whenever something new is in the horizon. Ok rant over
If you are correct in your statement that an M car means something to car lovers, then they shouldn't get confused and think a M435i>M4. They will know what a M4 is and who cares about this anyways. A true car lover buys a car based on the car and not what everyone else thinks the car is. It almost sounds to me like you are more worried that if you buy a M4 someone won't know you bought the most expensive 4 series. That has nothing to do with being an enthusiast.
well said. many seem to only care what others perceive their car as. I think 235is represents this car better, it's not a big deal though
You all make good points and agree with your thoughts. However it's clear my opinion did not come across correctly. First I don't care about anyone's opinion but my own in the end when spending 75k on a car. I certainly value feedback especially from this forum to help me decide. It's all about the driving experience and emotional connection to the experienced. I am absolutely an enthusiast. My point is that the M badge comes with expectations. If you are educated then you will know exactly what you should get and how the car will perform. However to the less educated or new to BMW who buys a car like the M235 They will form an opinion that the cars performance is what you get for an M badge and not the case. This is brand dilution and can go horribly wrong when they do finally get to drive a real m car and feel cheated when the real M2 comes out. It's only a matter time before somebody comes in this forum or at a meet raving about their M235 and how it's the ultimate M car to get a quick reality check. One of you said that only about 3% of buyers ever come to this forum so the odds are there that this will happen. Maybe a bit overkill on opinion but that how it goes