View Single Post
      10-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
lazyrhino
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Package

So day two of owning my M235i, and still loving it of course! Had to amend the above post to make sure the photos showed, damn phone didn't upload them through the Bimmerpost app, so apologies for that!

Took her on a slightly longer run today, and did a sort of 'motorway eco driving' experiment, just to see what sort of mpg I could manage, and averaged 32mpg on both journeys - far better than I was expecting. Admittedly this was driving it in Eco Pro, but still, impressive for the size/power of that engine!

In continuation from the questions I posted yesterday...
- My car has now definitely continued saving my IDrive changes, so I'm fairly certain the battery life was the cause behind the saving data issue.
- Managed to code Enhanced Bluetooth in full this morning, and the only extra functionality I gained through doing this was the Office utility via Bluetooth, which seems to be working well for texts from my iPhone. Emails aren't working so far, but plan to have a play with this over the next few days.

I've also sent over my application to get signed up for my BMW ConnectedDrive stuff online. Tried calling them today to check the process and they said I'd done it correctly, and I should wait a couple of days for them to come back to me with my Username and Password.

Anyone used any of the web applications with ConnectedDrive yet? I'm interested in potentially setting up the iCloud access, would be really useful to me! If anyone has any experience using this, do let me know, would be keen to know what it's like!
Appreciate 1