View Single Post
      05-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #30
telshena
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d M-Sport 5-Door (F20)

KurtCrisco, thanks a million for such a wonderful write-up on the cruise control retrofit! Just a couple of points to add for others who come across your post:

1) Smart man to think of marking the steering wheel upon removal; however, I discovered that the toothed retaining gear is notched in such a way that the wheel can only be installed and removed one-way. Still good practise to be prepared to mark for those doing this the first time, or perhaps on a different model.

2) The old switch (B61.31.7.849.407) specified for models 'Up to 03/2014' has been superseded by the new part number. This means owners with cars 'Up to 03/2014' are advised by the manual to use the new part number (B61.31.7.849.411). Further, dealerships are likely instructed to try and liquidate old stock where applicable, so those with vehicles 'Up to 03/2016' may want to specifically request the new part number in their order.

3) Mounting screws are not required for this retrofit, as you can always use the ones in place. As KurtCrisco mentions in his post, the screws were ordered just in case some were lost during the process, or an additional discovery necessitated their use.

Glad to hear all went smooth KurtCrisco, thanks again for your amazing gift to the community!!

P.S. To anyone interested, I am selling my 100% working, tested, and like new B61.31.7.849.411 BMW Multi-function Switch (needed for both LIM and Cruise Control w/Braking). This is due to my company-hire F20 going back to the programme administrator 15-July-16. Part is in perfect working order with no blemishes, scratches, etc. Includes original box, packaging and official BMW invoice from BMW Nine Elms in London.
Original Price: £197.84
DISCOUNT: 25%
Asking £150.00 + Free P&P (within UK)

Of course, coding services and installation are available at an additional cost for buyers located in Central London. PM me, or you can email SW7guy@gmail.com
Appreciate 0