11-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #50
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

Some of the initial M2 features in early design sketches use that theme of the original M3 the E30 in its widened arches but also invokes historic BMW E9 in its modern "Batmobile" extravagance which really accentuates the standard 2er rear wheel arch in how it widens to cover the rear wheels.
This is the best line you're posted since the pre-1M days. This gives me hope that BMW can transition to the mass market like Porsche has. By not giving up on the hard-core enthusiasts who helped you get to where you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

The M version of the forthcoming X1 also applies this thinking in early sketches.
It's not the M2. But it shows the thinking of where they intend to really take this car and make it appeal to younger customers.
X1 M? I'm just going to try to ignore this. Unless it is so good that it would compete with the upcoming Macan.

And, what's the fascination w/ youth? I seem to recall that 1M drivers have plenty of 'old-farts' among us. Don't perpetuate age discrimination. Especially since the youth segment you so covet can't afford a single use-case $60k car in the first place!

Anyway - in general, I am very excited about your M2 comments. Make the thing aggressive, and put some real fender flares on it. And I'm sold.

Give it too much handling, too much power and too much fender flare, and you'll have a legend on your hands.

Last edited by Mahlzeit; 11-20-2013 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0