View Single Post
      08-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #82
olaosunt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235,JB4/ER DP/BMS INTAKE/MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
You run better on just E30 than pure 100 octane?? Interesting.

Not doubting you...just [pleasantly] surprised. A much higher E85 concentration is needed to top unleaded race gas' octane, but the cooling properties must take very nicely for these cars. I haven't ventured into mixing E85 or running Map 7, but this is promising. I run dead even with 110-111 MPH cars up to 140 MPH from a roll on a ~95 octane mix on Map 2 (plus a downpipe and intake) and it feels exactly as it would trap that.

Just curious, what parameters did Terry tell you to change after reviewing your logs? I just haven't gotten around to logging since I don't feel like running the cable into the car to a laptop (nor would I change standard parameters without logging anyways).
I was surprised as well.
I run E 85 on my mustang and it makes about 30-40 more than race gas..
Never mixed gas before and by calculations the mixture would be less than 100 octane. I have no tuning experience but i have heard youbmay be able to add more timing safely with E85 and like you said may be the cooling properties help even diluted.
Looking back it turned out my EWG had not been installed on the first Dyno runs.I know it picked up about 2 mph after it was installed running race gas.
Terry had tried to tweak it during the first Dyno on race gas and it could be that was better able to tweak it when I ran it again with E30 and the EWG in place.
I have no idea what he did to the map.I know he was great though as he reviewed and responded within minutes of Ben at fat house sending him the logs-kind of like remote tuning which I know is $$$$ in the mustang world
Appreciate 0