View Single Post
      02-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #5
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

I do agree with Legion5 in the sense that a car like BMW, Audi and MB can easily use prime materials in their smaller cars. Look at the 2 series example, it's way better built now "material wise" than its predecessor the 1 series coupe, this is a proof that it can be done, and it could be done even better. A perfectly built 2 series won't compete with a perfectly built 4 series. They are different cars for different budgets. Build quality has nothing to do with options though, I want my car to be perfectly built! rattles free and that has nothing to do with options and features. As Jad said, in Europe and here in my country, one can order a stripped from almost all option BMW, its a good thing because that way we can afford buying a bigger engine without selling our kidneys! In the US. It's no necessary because car cost is ridiculously cheap. m235 here costs 90,000! With that money you guys in the US can buy an m6 no???
I always take Apple computer as an example, look at what they do, no product is less perfect than the other, their slowest smallest portable is as perfect and superbly designed and built as their top-of-the-line beast. They pay attention to the smallest detail, even a power adapter should look awesome to apple designer. It's a philosophy thing. I think BMW is on the way to get there, probably after one or 2 car generations.

Last edited by rori zahr; 02-01-2014 at 01:32 AM..
Appreciate 0