PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Hi Guys,

Just to clear things up about Pure Stage1 vs Stage2.
If you have an EWG car, the Pure Stage1 is still a nice upgrade but won't make that big of a a difference compared to changing stock turbo to Pure Stage1 on a PWG car. The Pure Stage2 turbo is a total different animal. It requires less octane to run more boost. And also is more efficient at the same boost.

Eg. on Pure Stage1 Turbo you can manage 21 psi of boost midrange tapering to 16/17 psi at 6.5k rpm. You need either meth or E to get enough octane to run this much boost. It will get you to 430-440 whp.

On Pure Stage2 Turbo you can run 17 psi on 93 octane fuel till redline and make 450-460 whp on the stock fuel system (on F series cars, E series cars have a better HPFP to allow for more boost on the stock fuel system). With meth you can run up to 22/23 psi and make 520whp.

As for the LPFP stage2 upgrade, this won't help you as the limitation is on the HPFP side. I have a Fuel-IT Stage2 LPFP since October 2014 to see if this was the limitation. But actually this only showed my HPFP being the limiting factor.

On my stock F series fuel system I ran 17 psi on pure stage2 on straight 93 without problem. Add more boost and I see HPFP pressure drop in the logs followed by missfires due to that. Most of the time I run E20 with meth (80/20 meth/water) and this allowed me to run 22/23 psi of boost albeit I had to roll on the throttle and start around 3.5k rpm.

If you don't want to run meth you can await the Fuel-IT TB Injection kit which is a spacer with 2 highly atomizing nozzles that get fed by a solenoid that taps in the hard-to-softline before the fuel line gets to the HPFP. For this a Fuel-IT Stage2 LPFP is required as well. No more rolling on the throttle etc.
Appreciate 3