03-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #53
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Actually they are all still running E9x chassis this year. Bimmerworld has one F30 328i in Continental ST class. But they are developing that car, it is not up to speed. They are still campaigning three other E90 328's in the ST class to go after the championship. We will see if Bimmerworld will switch over to the F30 permanently next year. In GS class, I bet Turner, Fall Line, etc. will still run the E92 M3 next season (maybe another two seasons).
yes. exactly. they will develop one and run them alongside each other and switch once the new model exceeds the other....My point being that is only a matter of time.

Comparing APPLES TO APPLES.... (developed chassis to developed chassis)... There has not yet been a subsequent model, that.. after development... turns out to have LESS performance than the prior model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I don't think he does jest. It depends how you define things. I don't like the way my E92 handled. It was "good", and on paper I knew it was making me a better driver at the track and just behaved better overall. But it is crazily disconnected and uninvolving compared to the E36. 99.99% of this forum is not a race car driver, not even a weekend driver. Competitive racing such as those described have nothing to do with the argument. People should connect with what speaks to them the most and is the most fun. Most people on here don't--as, by nature, this forum is primarily about buying the latest and greatest. Does not mean it is a better driver's car. It just gets better lap times. That's a big difference.
Well yes.. LAP times. Is there ANY other way ?

Anything else simply IS completely subjective, and not objective at all!

As far as being a driver's car...or subjective FEEL while driving.. ... the chart goes in reverse.

E30 > E36 > E46 > E90 > F80

The E36 is a pig compared to the E30 and handles like such in comparison. Each subsequent model.. has generally felt more cumbersome.... and a little less connnection with the roadway.... while ultimately having more power, more grip, and faster lap times.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-17-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0