View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #65
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M12Power View Post
How can I get them port-installed? Aside from the higher extra costs, not wanting to deal with the stock parts afterwards is another main reason why I will never go with the dealer-install option.

If I do end up getting this car, I will most likely do ED, hence why I prefer the factory-install option if it’s possible. I think BMW ought to at least offer them through BMW Individual. Is port-install still possible if you do ED?

Another scenario is if I choose to do PCD as well, do they get installed at the Performance Center?
I think it's what's called PIA (port installed accessory) and it's not actually installed at the port but at the VPC (vehicle preparation center) once the car clears customs...

So the parts get installed after the vehicle arrives to the US... if you do ED the parts get installed after shipping and before delivery to the dealer.

Same if you do PDC... part will get installed in the VPC before it gets delivered to the PDC in SC

It would be much better if this was installed from factory but looks like that's what retrofit part means..... so either you get to keep the parts and pay labor at the dealer or do port-install and they keep all the stock parts.... It's kind of dumb cause it's like you are paying twice for a part of the car...hope i'm wrong
Appreciate 0