Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnosker
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
LOL. you're kidding right? watch the video. that M3 is planted like cement on cement. you're tripping.
That's my point. If you think the CSL is planted like cement on cement, take a look at these screen shots of the video:

View post on imgur.com

Even the wonderful CSL has some body roll and it's ok. It's still "The Best Handling Car." No mass production street car under $100k is going to be flat like an Ariel Atom through the corners. Everyone saying there's too much body roll either 1. hasn't been on a track, or 2. didn't see the M235i video. The M3 CSL probably doesn't suffer quite as much from roll since Jeremy likes to kick the rear end out causing significant weight transfer and flattening of the car's stance. Still, the M235i didn't look to be rolling that much compared to the M3 CSL and everybody complaining already based on the single video posted of it on a flat non-cambered track are full of crap.

Consider the following about Thruxton:

The frame with the most body roll is at 1:31 after the turn named "Church." Church is one of the most famed of the British tracks due to the fact that it's an off camber corner.

The second most is the Noble to Goodwood turn which first loads the car on the right and then left with a significant weight transfer with almost no time to spare. That would trigger some roll in any car.

My point is: Stop complaining. The M235i was never going to be a race car. It's a cool, fast, and sporty coupe with some elements of the BMW M heritage. If you think it rolls too much, don't buy it and wait for the true M of the generation. BMW has already announced that the M235i is faster around the "Ring" than the 1M Coupe. And that's good enough for me to believe it's fast around a track.
You're not making sense. People say the M235i has considerable body roll so you post a video of the CSL and say you bet they'd say that has body roll too. They say no, it has almost none and you say "that's my point"? I'm sorry but I don't get how that illustrates any point other than the CSL has almost no body roll and the M235i has a lot.