View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 09:25 AM   #33
B1nary
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Conected Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgcyr View Post
I own a 2018 m550i I use Canadian BMW Remote and BMW Connected classic.

I was able to get the US BMW Connected app on the Apple store. I could setup an account but was not able to register my car with the VIN, the error is Vehicle not compatible.

Anyone successfully registered his Canadian car with the US BMW Connected service? Can you help me?
I tried the same process you did: registered on the US site, downloaded the US Connected App and tried the VIN entry only to be told my vehicles is not compatible. Rather than delete the App I simply forgot about it until yesterday. By then I had installed and got the Canadian Remote BMW App installed and working. I was using that App to send location to the car and that seemed to work. This morning for whatever reason as I was about to delete the App I just opened it and after agreeing to the User Agreement, again, I was asked for a PIN and much to my total shock the App opened and it had my car in it, even the colour. I can't explain how this is even possible based on what BMW in both countries told me but it might be worth giving this a try. Make sure you have the Canadian Remote App installed and working fully (you need a current Service Agreement). If the Canadian App works then go the the link in my message below and install the US App. Go through all the steps of registration including to the point where you are told your vehicle is not compatible. At that point close the App and wait a week or so - I don't know if this is required but it happens to be what I did by accident. After several days have gone by (I had waited more than a week) try the US App again, agree to the user agreement and see if it works. I've tried using the US App several times this AM and it is still working. Now this may be a total fluke and after entering this info I may have the App disabled but as of right now and to my amazement, it is working. And, BTW it is a totally different App than the Canadian one - and I am still not able to send routes to the car although it says it is sending locations.

After having the US based BMW Remote App working - by some very strange fluke - I upgraded my phone yesterday - well today I am back to square one. The APP is back to telling me my VIN can't be registered. So I'll wait a week or so and see if I can get it to work again like last time.

Bummer, I though I had found something that would work.

Last edited by B1nary; 05-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Stopped Working
Appreciate 0