05-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #31
Phelankes
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i xDrive coupe

Same situation with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwgcyr View Post
I own a 2018 m550i I use Canadian BMW Remote and BMW Connected classic.

I was able to get the US BMW Connected app on the Apple store. I could setup an account but was not able to register my car with the VIN, the error is Vehicle not compatible.

Anyone successfully registered his Canadian car with the US BMW Connected service? Can you help me?

I own a 2018 440i coupe, I thought the US BMW Connected app only works for the high-end series like 5 & 7 who has the Surround View.

The account dealer gives to me only works for BMW Remote app, download though Canada Apple Store.

The BMW Connected app only can download from US Apple Store, and the account Canada BMW dealer gives to me does not work in the US BMW Connected app. So, I have to create a new account through the app.

Right now I can use some functions on the phone through the US BMW Connected app, like:
  • Fuel Level,
  • Total Range,
  • Navigation can directly to the car (but have to sit in the car),
  • located car (Heading not correct like the Remote app, but is fine),
  • real-time traffic map through the app,
  • Find Parking Nearby,
  • Schedule the trips (I think this one very useful),
  • Save location for later (Location can find in the car under Connected),
  • ext.

But all the remote functions in BMW Remote app cannot use in the BMW Connected app. The reason I think because of the VIN# cannot be verified at US BMW services.

If anyone got Good news, Please tell me. Thx!

BTW: Under the "Hub" in the BMW Connected app, there has an app called "BMW M Laptimer" you can download, Very Fun to have it!
Appreciate 0