View Single Post
      04-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #27
skaterdad
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i xDrive

ConnectedDrive app workaround!

Hello everyone,

For those frustrated Canada BMW users who couldn't install the US ConnectedDrive app...

I discovered another way to install (Samsung S8). Looking at it, it overlaps post #6.

1) Force stop Google Play Store in app manager. Delete data but not not app (click on Storage usage).
2) Turn off phone.
3) Go to computer. NOT ON PHONE. This is critical.
4) Turn off location in browser.
5) Log into Google account used for your phone.
6) Go to BMWUSA ConnectedDrive website

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/connecteddrive.html

At bottom of page is a link to Google Play Store App. Click on link.

7) Click on install button. You may be asked which phone you wish to install onto.

8) Turn on phone. After about 5 min when phone finishes boot up, you will notice a download occurring which is the ConnectedDrive app. After download it will install automatically.

9) If you don't see icon, go to Google Play Store and open from there.

10) In app use link to create a US ConnectedDrive account. This is for people who are the second owners, ie. no contact with dealership.

11) You might need to force stop ConnectedDrive Classic if you also have that on your phone. I have also had problems getting Spotify to work thru ConnectedDrive (which gives you ability to choose playlists from iDrive rather than touching phone), which resolves when I force stop the new ConnectedDrive app and restart it.

12) The PIN on the phone app needs to be typed in before you can use certain functionalities on iDrive. There is also a warning screen you have to touch "Skip".

Last edited by skaterdad; 05-06-2018 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 1