06-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #49
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDeeVI View Post
First of all no I'm not familiar with the GRC. I'll definitely have to check it out though. Thanks for the information.

My apologies if my statement came off as belittling, the 135i is a fantastic car and I'd put a 1 series vert up against any vert out there. It just kills me when fellow BMW owners troll the forums of other series models to state why their vehicles are superior. I'd be just as critical of a 2 series owner running over to 1addicts to minimize a positive review of the 1 series. No need for Debbie Downers here. That being said it was never my intention to belittle anyone. My bad.
Trust me man, I know all too well what it feels like. I have an 08 135 and until recently I had an ActiveE. I got trolled a lot. Haha

I really need to test drive a 2. I've sat in a bunch at auto shows and I do think they're very nice, but I can't get past the price. My vert in 08 based at $39,100. Accounting for inflation that's $43,200 in today's money - about the base of an M235 coupe. I also optioned one up the other day and the price came out to just shy of $50k. I bought an i3 last month for $51k, and that has expensive batteries, electronics, and a carbon fiber monocoque.

So that's really my issue, its the price. It may be a great car but I have a tough time justifying it over other options.
Appreciate 0