03-20-2014, 11:39 PM   #59
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuka View Post
Coming from five M3's spanning three generations from E36 to E90, plus an E39 M5 and an E30 325is that I dearly miss, and now have an 13 STI for DD along with an 06 M3 ZCP...

The STI is what it is.

That is, it is indeed a 35K car with a 30K drive train. It is our DD and kids car, and the low rent interior is really quite LOL, especially compares to even the E36 M3. Everything rattles in the STI when the temp goes below 50 degrees. The AC doesn't work if you are in traffic at 100 degree weather (as in, it blows semi cool air. Once you get moving it starts blowing cold air.)

And if you forget to set it to S#, it really feels dog slow, even compares to the E46 M3, which has pretty similar power to weight ratio, which my wife currently drives.

But, it has 4 doors, and was dirt cheap to lease (0 down sub 500 bucks sales tax included a month with 15K miles a year).

It is a total rattle box, and anyone getting into the cockpit of it after getting out of that of the M235 would get why BMW is a better car.

Well, except the lack of LSD. For slapping an M letter, BMW really should put an LSD in it.

So, BMW has nothing to worry about.

i agree, my 2011 sti rattles like hell, interior isn't anything great, it actually looks rather cheap, but then again, i bought it just for the AWD, 6speed, and Turbo…

when I'm feeling baller, i just take my e92 m3 out, lol