View Single Post
      01-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #184
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC135 View Post
As someone said earlier, love at first sight, I had that same feeling. I hope that BMW will make this car and I actually think they might.
The question is not if BMW will ever produce a M2 because I really believe they will... the question is: what will it bring us of special?!

Although I can't appreciate the looks of the M3/4 and late BMW's for that matter (the 6 series being the exception) I admit that BMW did a good effort reducing the M3/4 overall weight and thus I'm sure that the new M3/4 combined lower weight and much higher torque will drive better than the M3 E92.

And, that's pretty much what I've been defending for a new special M model - significantly lower weight and higher torque. Since low weight means compactness first and foremost, and diesel means higher torque and also MUCH better fuel efficiency I can easily see a triple-turbocharged diesel engined M2 proposition checking all the necessary boxes. The triple turbo assures the necessary throttle response quality!!!

That would be definitely VERY special, something WAY better than this 125d diesel...

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 01-07-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0