10-26-2017, 07:26 PM   #19
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
So ill be in the same boat, I want to begin focusing on making the car more stiff or grounded. I know very little about suspension. But seems the Kw V3 EDC would be my first choice. What is difference in the clubsports? I think the KW would be overkill for me, but I really would like to keep the EDC if possible. With all the things you mentioned, how would a setup like yours compare to an M2 in terms of "track handling" upgrades?
I know the xDrive cars have fewer options, but I would go for the KW DDC's or Ohlins Road and Track, if available. The CS's are 3 way adjustable with built in camber plates, external reservoirs, etc. basically the most adjustable and tune-able out of the KW range. I would not have bought them if I didn't get such a good deal, new they are well over $5k CDN, I paid a fraction of that, fortunately.

The car should be far more capable than a stock M2 at that point. Much more grip with R comps 255's square, proper damping, and better bushings than a stock m2. All of that combined with a corner balance, will be hard to beat, imo. M2 owners are already looking into CS coilovers, bushings, brakes as it is, so I'm not all that convinced it was worth it for me to pull the plug on this car and grab an M2 now that the hype is gone. Aside from track width, the geometry is very close between these cars, they all drive very well. I seriously contemplated stopping where I'm at and trading up earlier this year, but I think being "at home" in this car now, and my confidence at the track this summer (where I lapped several secs faster than an M4 cab and Stock M2), I'm gonna continue my journey with the car and be the underdog