Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voukephalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Since you have a golf R. Have you driven the S3? If so how similar do they feel? I have only driven the S3.
I do not own them but please allow me to offer input -I test drove the Golf R and actually was the first to pre-order at the local dealer. Also test drove the S3 before getting the m235i

The Golf R easily feels better than the S3. The steering feel especially is more communicative whereas even the "sport" mode on the S3 felt muted. After driving the Golf R, the S3 driving experience was a big disappointment, but the S3 interior and style are a notch or two above.

For driver involvement and fun, I would rank the Golf R above the S3 and the M235xi, but the BMW has far more features than the Audi and Golf and was a better choice for me. For what's it worth and not to beat a dead horse but I did the PCD and the M235i RWD also drives noticeably better than the xdrive m235 I purchased.
Interesting I haven't driven an xDrive yet but was seriously considering that for the next one. Dealer told me difference would be negligible. May sway me further towards the TTS. Was it really that bad?
Appreciate 0