View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Drivers Assistant Plus- Should I add to my build?

Should I add the Driver's Assistant Plus to my BMW 228i Alpine White with black leather seats and the Matt Silver trim to help me drive better and be safer or it is a distraction and a waste of my $700? I love the posted speed on the road but I am not sure if the other features are worth the price since I am already getting the driver's assistant package.

I posted the short question first in case anyone does not want to read the rest of this long post.

I do not like anything with a lowered suspension so I prefer the 2-series without the sport suspension and without the M-suspension as I am only 4'10" tall and like the way I sit higher in the BMW 228i with just the regular suspension. I love the way the car handles and the basic seat fits me much better than the sport seat. The 10-way power seat is more comfortable than the 8-way power seat I now have in my BMW 128i car that I love that the lease is ending in July on.

I am getting the drivers assistant package as I need the back-up camera and the front and rear sensors. I sure wish there were side sensors.

I am getting the Navigation package as I want the bigger screen and I am tired of packing up my Garmin in my 128i car.

I am going to get the lighting package as I did not see that well last night going around curvy jug handles coming back at night from shopping at Staples to get more paper and ink.

I am going for the premium package as I NEED the folding powered mirrors as I use them all the time and I prefer the 10-way power seat it comes with over the 8-way power seat as it tilts downward to help me reach the floor's foot rest.

I am getting the cold weather package.

I am getting the driver's Assistance package.

I was told by two dealers that I do not need the driver's assistant plus package as it will be distracting. I do not need the parking assistant package as I should learn how to parallel park with my cameras. I have gotten a private message that I should add the parking assistance to my build. I am confused now.

I keep reading posts and looking this up and I need to know on Monday so I thought I would start a new post and help others also who have this question and get input from others.

I hope I like the black leather seats as I love lighter interiors but my Oyster Seats have been difficult to clean for me and I am hoping the white color again will keep the car a little cooler inside.

I am not getting the bigger 18" tires and rims despite how pretty they look. Do they make the car drive better?

Anything else I am missing? Of course my post was mainly about the Drivers Assistant Plus that I planned to get until the salesmen keep telling me I will not need it. I hope I don't regret not waiting for the 2015 with All Wheel Drive but I want a good deal and a good payment and my lease ends in July and I do not want to order a car before testing this feature on the 2-series car. I can always get it in my next car and I only go out in bad weather when I have to since I have a home office and it will be an $1800 feature as well as losing the $1,000 BMW credit right now. I should ask if my car includes the $500 BMW loyalty credit.

Sorry this is such a long post. That is why the major question is at the top of the post.

Last edited by Lynn_228i; 06-08-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Appreciate 0