View Single Post
      03-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #95
Joe240
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 C8 Corvette 1LT

Garage List
I haven't forgotten about you all I promise. I took pictures last night when I did the unboxing. I also took pictures of the install that I'm going to post up. I also took a quick (kind of crappy I feel) before video with a cold start on the factory setup. I will do a cold start with the Remus setup tomorrow morning so it's similar starting temps.

Got the install done today, there are some things to note during the install that turned what should of been an hour install using a lift, into a 3 hour install (key points will be in the write up). Hopefully it will help others make an easier install if they go with the Remus exhaust.

First impression: resonated midpipe makes the exhaust about as quiet as stock when under normal load which is great so I don't piss off my German Community here. When doing spirited driving in comfort mode, you can definitely hear the exhaust and it sounds awesome. It has a lower exhaust note which makes it sound great. It doesn't have a tingy or raspy sound to it, nor does it sound like a ricer. Definitely hear the burbles (overrun) when in sport mode more now. WOT in the higher RPMs kind of sounds like stock to me (inside, windows up, sunroof closed) and that's probably due to the ASD (which I plan on disconnecting the middle speaker one day to deactivate it). My wife says though that at WOT it sounds a lot better than stock and sounds amazing.

Overall, worth the $2k for the exhaust. The difference IMO is night and day. Last exhaust system I did was a flowmaster on my old Dakota and although the install was simpler on the flowmaster, the quality of the exhaust, materials, and thought that went into the design is very apparent on the Remus system.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID! Can anyone direct me on how I could insert pictures in between my text when I type up the walk through so I don't have to say "Refer to picture #1, 2, 3, etc." ? I will also include the videos in the walk through but probably at the end.
Appreciate 2
AlexM240i101.50
SCCThree816.00