View Single Post
      02-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #3
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
So after nearly a year and a half of obsessing over this car, I finally ordered my 235 a little over a week ago. I got my PCD date yesterday (April 15) and I'm afraid I may lose my sanity before then.

AW M235 6MT
Tech/Navigation
Sensatec
H/K Speakers
Driver's Assistance Package
Orbit Gray wheels
Heated seats

MSRP was around $49,970 including delivery, and my sale price was $45,572, including the $1,000 option.

I've been driving an Acura TL for the last 9 years and, while it's been a great car, this will be my first new car and my first car of good quality, so I want to make sure I take good care of it. What is everyone's opinion on the extended maintenance program? I'm intending to purchase the car and keep it for 5+ years, so I'd imagine I should break even if purchasing the extended maintenance, but I've read conflicting thoughts.
I think the extended maintenance plan might be worth it if you intend to keep taking your car to BMW for service after your warranty is up because their service is really expensive. Just add up all of the scheduled maintenance costs through the extended warranty period and compare it to the cost of the extended plan. Alternatively you could take your car to a reputable BMW accredited independent shop after the original warranty expires and probably save money.
Oh yeah, congrats on the new ride!
Appreciate 0