X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul
I loved the previous gen I like this one but holy s*** the s3 cabrio blows this one away... and that interior and those seats!! the audi is in another galaxy. check out the S3 rims compared to the bimmer's!!! Ive never been a fan of convertibles specially in sports car - too much flex - but this audi makes me wonder.
Agreed this is a nice looking car. The wheels are particularly nice!

Driving dynamics keep me loyal to BMW's though and it's interesting to see Audi move from a complicated dash (instrument panel) to a very simple clean-line dash as BMW has been doing since mid 2000's. This is a look I prefer.

I am looking forward to comparing production photos of the S3 pictured (with the extras as Scott26 mentioned) to a production M235i convertible with M-Performance parts - that should be a very close contest!
I just been playing a bit on the audi german car configurator. very tempting and price not much different. audi engine sounds like a fart and yes rwd will make a difference always but the audi has near 50:50 weight, build quality i think everyone can agree is a class above the bimmer - interior 4 me at least the audi by miles - and exterior even the panel gaps are better sorted than in the bmw. looks are always subjective but those wheels. my god those are pure sex compared to the bmw's. I love that detail of the Alu A pilar and did I mention the interior?
Appreciate 0