View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #7
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
Guy's do you use all these different modes if so when ?
I just usually leave it on comfort.
I tried sport mode the other day after a long while and boy was the stearing heavy, switch back LOL
today I ran it eco mode
I don't really notice a difference
In Sport mode you have three customizable options:

1) You can make the steering light and the suspension soft while having the Sport throttle (and more aggressive automatic shifting) by selecting "Drivetrain".

2) You can have the heavy steering and stiff shocks but the Comfort throttle
(and Comfort automatic shifting) by selecting "Chassis".

3) You can have the heavy steering, stiff shocks, and Sport throttle (and more aggressive automatic shifting) by selecting "Chassis & Drivetrain".

I almost entirely run in Sport mode with Drivetrain selected. I am running Dinan springs in the front and Bilstein shocks and stock springs in the back though. It's by far the best ride quality for the street. It feels the way BMW used to tune their M cars (real taunt, but compliant).

When I'm driving aggressively and the roads are somewhat smooth, I switch to Sport+ so that the nannies are dialed back a bit.

If you're a 6MT driver, I don't see how you can ever be happy driving these cars with the Comfort throttle setting. It's way too laggy. The Sport throttle increases both throttle sensitivity and waste gate operation for quicker turbo response. Both are needed for maximum 6MT driving enjoyment.
Frosty780.00
e30jim62.00