beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
Take a look at the MAF sensor to see if its soiled or dirty. If its fine..to me it sounds like a Injector could be leaking. ive seen injectors fail even on very low mileage vehicles. The fuel thats in the vehicle have any Ethanol content in it?
As for what cylinder its hard to say but with too much fuel dripping into the cylinder it will cause a catalyst efficiency fault code for sure and have the symptoms you stated above.

Personally without physically seeing the car at hand its hard to say im just speculating at best. I would bring it to the dealer or a local Indy shop that you trust who can take a look at it. No shop should really charge you more than 1 hour to diagnose the problem. If they want more time they better have damn good reasons why and provide the steps they took to use up all that hour of diagnosis.

Future tip - For what the You tube video guy said in the 2nd video...if you have a miss fire fault...dont just instantly go and replace the spark plugs.. Ive diagnosed and fixed countless miss fire problems/concerns at the dealer and id say spark plugs fix it 20-30% of the time max. Need to know what the issue is before replacing anything... unless a "Parts till it Starts" person lol.
Fuel is always 98 RON(87.5 MON) but car was in winter storage, but went straight to station and filled up like 3/4 of the tank.

Yeah! Will check the MAF/Filter tomorrow now that the snow is gone. I did check the CC-ID´s and took the liberty of already looking them up:

26744km 0811 CC-ID 811 – Bonnet Open
26743km 0029 CC-ID 29 – Engine Problem, Power Reduced
26651km 0149 CC-ID 149 – Tyre Pressure Monitoring Failure - 1
26632km 0236 CC-ID 236 – Brake and Stability Systems Failure
26632km 0042 CC-ID 42 – DSC Control System/Ride Height adjustment
26632km 0229 CC-ID 229 – Battery Charge Low
26629km 0557 CC-ID 557 – Rolling Possible, Secure Vehicle
23997km 0167 CC-ID 167 – Reset Clock

There are no DTC codes!!!

Alot of them are TPMS related as I already know the antenna for that isnt working. It that 0029 thats stressing the shit out of me. Iam more and more worried about headgasket.

Indy workshop booked next week, wont drive until I had it checked up. This is my list of things I want them to go trough(I dont trust the BMW stealership);

1) leaks on intake side(to turbo)
2) EGR valve
3) sparks
4) obd codes

I´ve tried googleing 0029 but its so much info - most point to fuel pump.

Oh and I phoned BMW, the guy said literally "if there is no code when you restart the car then there is no problem"
Appreciate 0