View Single Post
      02-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #14
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfourn20 View Post
My wife isn't really a car person. We sat in all 3 trim levels. Even she said the non sport/m sport seats were terrible...flat as a pancake on the bottom portion.

I would say of you don't care about losing the seats and aren't really into performance than a no line car is fine for most.

Thank you for the input. I'm the same way, I absolutely NEEDED the sports seats. My sister's definitely not into performance at all, aside from just needing the ability to easily merge on the highway or hurry up after a stoplight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
I have the base 228i. I preferred to use option money on the Premium and Tech packages instead of the Sport package. Many go the opposite direction. The base drives wonderfully and as long as you don't want to auto x or track it you probably will not notice the difference. The seats are flat but really very comfortable. I like that both front seats have lumbar support...although that may be with the premium package only. I am not a fan of the coated leather...but that is in either version.
Thanks for your opinion! It seems like the base seats aren't as universally hated as I originally thought. Yes, my sister would be getting the premium package, which comes with power seats + lumbar (only the power seats have the lumbar support, which I think is more important for a long drive or an aching back, versus the side bolsters).

I'm glad you're enjoying your car - it makes me feel better about my sisters decision against the sport pack. She definitely doesn't do any sort of performance driving, just needs to get around and have a bit of fun while she's at it.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0