09-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #59
Hrothgar
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
Thanks, I like the replicas regardless, sucks for the few defects, but they're still going on the car because it'd be to expensive to send them back and still be out on wheels. They don't look bad from a distance and most people wont be looking at them up close I suppose. I haven't hit any curbs here yet (knock on wood) so I'm hoping to keep that going. From what I've heard on here regarding the 235/265 setup people really like the extra grip feel. When I test drove the 235 before placing the 240 order, I thought it felt nice and planted to begin with. Not sure if I'm going to switch the wheels right away or if I'm going to run the PSS the first 500 miles so that they are kind of broke in when I go to the ring.

Who're you going through for tinting and are you gonna go all windows or just the legal backs? I'm debating if I'm going to get a nano film for the front or not. It'd be nice to keep the bug guts from eating the paint. Our black avenger shows the little spots and it sucks >.<

The scenery here is beautiful and it's everywhere when on the road. Definitely gonna miss it when we go back to the states. I was thinking about doing a small road trip as well once we get the car, so I'm gonna have to make sure I have my class work done for the week so my wife and I have the weekend free for a few hours of driving. Maybe we'll go see some more castles or something (haven't been to one in over a year). Be nice to go see the bmw museum, might need to pack up the pups for the weekend with the wife and stay down there or something.
Why do you want to take your stock wheels to the ring and not the wider wheels with more grip?

I'm going legal 3 windows, medium tint 20%. I was thinking about the clear bra as well, but it's rather expensive. My Audi, also black, has a few dings from rocks and such as well. The thing is, I figure if I'm going to pay that much, I might as well just get it repainted in a few years if it gets that damaged. Worth it? I'm not sure. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0